Saturday, August 19, 2006

Finished Toucan Purse

Well I tore all the other out. Took off the yellow chest and the green beak and the green around the eye. I was just not satified with what I had done. Even thou the photo was showing those colors. So I googled again and came up with another Toucan with a different color scheme. I like this one better. I still have some tweaking to do however. But for the most part I'm thru. I think I might add a leaf or maybe a nut in his beak. Just a thought. I had no idea there was that many varities of Toucan's. I'm liking this one much better. Thank you ~ everyone for all your help in voting. I'll have to try the other two on different colored bags. The Cockatoo and the Macaw. Needle felting is so much fun and it's another addictive hobby. Oh by the way ~ guess what my Daughter and Son-in-love and Son gave me for my birthday. A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO MY LOCAL YARN MART!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoooooooo. How well do they know their mom??? LOL
Well it's after midnight and I'm thru for tonight. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger primdollie said...

THIS IS SIMPLY FANTASTIC!!!!! wow this is amazing!! I hope to try to be even 1/2 that good if i ever even learn to do this!! thanks for sharing and being so fun on the yahoo group!! I appreciate that being a newbie and all!!! your work is exquisite!!!
Hugs Linda

August 19, 2006  
Blogger Claudia said...

This really is a gorgeous bag, Deb. You're doing so well. Sorry it took me so long to get back to your blog. I've just been out of it. But I'm such a fan of your bags now.

August 21, 2006  
Blogger Pennie said...

love the bag . . . I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm sure I will be back you knit wonderful bags.

August 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It turned out beautiful! I am glad I voted for the toucan! hee hee

Bravisimo!!!

August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That purse is simply adorable! It looks great on the website, too!

August 25, 2006  
Blogger Shelly said...

WOW! Stunning and all those other adjectives just don't do justice to describe your work on this bag! Keep up the amazing work!

http://theyarntart.blogspot.com

September 02, 2006  
Blogger Chele said...

O my i have never seen needle felting of such on purses before. I have made many felted bags and never done any needle felting. You are very very good at it. I really want to try this.

December 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home