Saturday, July 22, 2006

My First Scarf Exchange

This is my very first scarf exhcange. In case some of your are wondering. On one of the yahoo groups I'm a member of, you can sign up for different exchanges. I signed up for the dishcloth and scarf exchange. Newbies ( like me) can only sign up for two, until they prove they will make what they've signed up for and get it sent by a certain date. My partner for this exchange was Joye Summers from Gleason, TN. Didn't she do a fantastic job!!! She designed the scarf herself. I'm impressed!!!!! I don't know if you can see the colors well, however you can click on the photo and it will enlarge for you. It's kind of sherbet colored. It's two different yarns. One is a ribbon, called Ibiza and the other is Maxime, which looks like two yarns/ thread put together. Lots of fringe on it, which is totally me. LOL> She also wrote down the pattern for the scarf for me and sent the yarn that was left, so if I want to I can make my granddaughter something with it. She also sent my little "Lake" a peach and silver bracelet. I will tell her it's from Joye, however she's 10-1/2 months and will not know what I'm talking about. LOL. She also sent a pattern for the cutest hat to make for Lake. You'll see it at the top right corner of the photo. And a calendar photo album for 2007. You know who's photos will be in there. And last, but certainly not least she sent me my very first stitch markers in the cutest little silk satchel. Their green stones of various kinds. It's one of my daughters favorite colors, so I will have to watch them carefully. Just kidding, she does not have time to knit right now with "Lake" and teaching college part time. But she'll love the colors. Thank you so much Joye. I will enjoy everything you sent. I hope to be your partner again real soon! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home