Friday, June 30, 2006

Noni Finished

Well, It's finished!!!!!! Felted the last two flowers last night and as soon as they were dry, I started putting them on the purse. I really like this purse. Now to go find several pink things to wear, so I can carry it!!! LOL> It's a little longer than I thought it would be . Pre-felted size was 30" long by 30" circumferance and the ends were 9". Felted size is 16" long by 16" circumference and the ends are 7-1/2". I tack down some of the petals, not all. All in all, I think it turned out well. I did notice that Nora ( the creator of the pattern) had her's stitched around the top. Not sure what that was for. I also noticed that the Cascade 220 felted different in different colors. Really odd. The top edges on each side was really rough & uneven, not sure why, although I think it was the way I was switching from color to color. So I might try to do the adding of different colors during the knitting process a little different next time. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

What if you cut a plastic coffee can (or something of similar size) in half and put the halves under the lining? That might help hold the round shape and keep it from bowing in the middle, especially if you were able to glue the halves together to the correct length.. Another option might be quilting template plastic cut to size under the lining.

June 30, 2006  
Blogger Pennie said...

cute, love it - I may try this one

July 01, 2006  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow - this looks fantastic! I haven't tried a Noni bag yet, but I'll probably have to before too much time goes on. Your color combination is striking - my granddaughter who is 9 going on 19 would love it - totally a "pink" girl! Great work.

July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home