Saturday, June 24, 2006

Noni Baquette After felting ~ Still drying

Well it's finally about finished. I just got thru felting it and it's drying as I type. Now to start on the flowers!!!!! As soon as it's dry, I intend to line it and then add the bamboo handles, flowers, & magnets to help it stay closed. The lining I bought was off white, with pink and green polk-a-dots. I think that will be cute!!!! Was not real happy with the top of it. If you look at the photo, there's an indention in several spots that I had to take back in and re-stuff it right. It seems a little uneven and I think I followed the instructions right. LOL. Maybe I did not felt it right. It had felting tips included in the pattern. However I elected not to sew it shut at the opening. All the stripes lined up correct after felting and that's something. LOLA. Ask my LYS to take a look at the patterm to make sure I was doing the addition of colors right as I knitted it. They thought I was, however I now find out after reading a comment on the Noni Felted Blog site, http://nonikal.blogspot.com/ that I was not doing the cast off right. I had made a trip just for that purpose to my LYS to make sure I was. And guess what. NO!!! LOL. Finished measurements are 16-3/4" long by 17-1/2" circumferance. End circles are 7-1/2". Still it will be a pretty bag!!!! Can't wait till I get thru with this one. It will have to wait a couple of days as I will be really busy until Mon. afternoon. Shucks as they say in Arkansas. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home