Friday, November 03, 2006

A gift for a friend

 
There is a very special friend who also lost her fur baby ~ that this purse is for. She has helped my hubby and I many, many, many hours on the computers. Correcting mistakes we've made, teaching us shortcuts, and doing artwork for us as well. I'm talking a LOT of hours!!!!! Days and maybe even weeks of hours. Could be a month's worth. When she lost her fur baby, ours was still alive. It's taken me a long time to do this. I got the purse knitted and felted and then Skeeter started needing a lot of attention and this purse got laid to the side. Then after he passed away, it was hard to pick this up and start needle felting "Misty". I was partial to Misty, even thou she was Elaine's (my friend's)dog. Ever time we went to visit for quite some time, she would not have anything to do with me, until I started bribeing her with treats. She was a very intellegent and beautiful dog. I'm afraid I could not do her justice!! She was truly the most beautiful poodle I've ever seen. And she was a Momma's dog. She loved her Momma!! So to thank my precious friend ( the only way I knew how), I decided to do this bag for her. (She's not asked for one thing in return for all her hard work. ) I'm taking it to her tonight, with the hopes that she loves it. It was certainly made out of love not only for her, but for her beloved "Misty" as well. It's made out of Cacade Patasza. Single stranded and the pattern if from Two Old Bags. I love the pattern and will do it again. It was the first time I had done short rows in knitting. It has a wooden button for closure ( pattern included a loop) and two leather handles. Posted by Picasa

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bag!!! I had two toy poodles a white and an apricot so I love anything with poodles on them. Your bag and the detail of your friend's poodle is amazing!!

Maylene

November 04, 2006  
Blogger Looming Looney said...

this bag is wonderful. i'm sure your friend will treasure it for all ways, not only cause it was made by a friend but also because is was made in rememberance of a friend. Truely a beautiful bag.

November 05, 2006  
Blogger Deby said...

Your needle felting abilities are just awesome. I bought all the stuff to try it but havent. Could you please email me and share your know-how?

November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! You are extremely artistic. Your needle felted poodle is just gorgeous!!

November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a spectacular job you did on the poodle!!!!! I have never attempted anything like this before but your design is encouraging me to give this a try in the future. What a truly special gift for a special friend. Just awesome!
gail

November 05, 2006  
Blogger Mz Mar said...

The bag turned out lovely! I'm sure your friend will treasure it always.
What a wonderful friend you are to think to do this for her!

November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable craftsmanship! I can almost hear your needle felted poodle bark. Bravo- very well done. You are a good friend indeed.
- Deepa (from TownieSocks)

November 05, 2006  
Blogger tapmouse said...

WOW! I'm so impressed with the bag and the poodle! I am amazed. Awesome work and I'm sure it will help you to heal from the loss of your "buddy", too.

November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
this needle felting is as gorgious as the one you did from Skeeter's pic. They are so lifely! GREAT job!

November 16, 2006  
Blogger CraftyCarole said...

wow... the dog is beautiful. You are incredible..... someday I hope I can do somehting like that!

So give us a report, how much did your friend love it???

November 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this purse! I show miniature poodles and would love to have a purse like this. I knit and can needlefelt simple things, but can't do anything like this! The details are terrific.

November 24, 2006  
Blogger Peg said...

absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your friend must have cried when she received it. How beautiful of you to make this for her.

January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is truly a work of art, the needle felting from a picture is amazing. I too love to make felted bags, in fact I obsessed with it. I would love to try the needle felting. How did you start out with the design?

July 20, 2007  
Blogger Chele said...

Sorry for your friend's lost. The bag is gorgeous and the dog's image is great. how did you do that? Wow, I know that had to take some time. I would love to put a portrait on a bag. Did you take a class or you just saavy? Please share with me.

December 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I have 3 toy poodles. they re all 10 years old . I cant even begain to imagine what she went through.I personally cant even imagin it.not to be improper or anything but I would just about pay anything for this pattern.PLEASE. thank you very much it would mean so much. peylaharley@columbus.rr.com
thanks.

January 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home