Saturday, July 29, 2006

Prefelted Dreadlock Bag

Well I finally finished knitting my bag. It's getting ready to go into the washer in a hot bath. You can tell how big it is by looking at the tin of gum on the purse. The white fringe on top will actually become matted like dreadlocks. I've seen this done on a bag in our group called "The Bob Marley" bag. It's a beautiful bag. I wanted something just a little wider and a little larger, so I could needle felt the photo of my dog onto the purse. It's the photo that you see on this blog. Well see how it goes. It will be my first attempt to needle felt. I'll have to call on a email buddie, Chappy to help I'm sure. She has some wonderful purses with needle felting, you can look at her photos at: http://community.webshots.com/user/chappywoman. However I don't believe she's posted all her latest additions. Beautiful work, and I especially love the needle felting. I ran out of black yarn to do the handle, so I'll be going to the LYS tomorrow to pick up a skein. I'll post a photo of the felted bag, before the needle felting hopefully tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home