Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Toucan Bag ~ Materials used

I've been asked by more than one person, what pattern I used and so forth. So I thought I would post it here. I went to : http://www.kraemeryarns.com/patterns/pdfs/romanticruffles.pdf . That link should take you right to the purse. I have to tell you, my sister knitted and felted this purse first and it was way shorter than what I wanted. So I just started knitting and I think I tripled the length of what it called for. I used doubled Knit Picks "Wool of the Andes" yarn, which by the way I love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And on the ruffle, I knitted a couple of rows more and added Knit Picks "Butterfly Kisses" doubled in with the yarn. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment with your email addy.

1 Comments:

Blogger op said...

Deb,

I look forward to checking your blog and seeing what you are up to! I am always impressed with your felting, and your needle felting skills are awesome! I am mid-bag and needed a push to figure out the top (my own design) and your speaking of the Butterfly Kisses yarn smacked me in the forehead! That is what I need next before I put the handles on, or else to add some shag like you did on the Schnauzer purse, another beauty! Cannot wait to see your Blue & Gold Maccaw, I have one,Goober and an African Grey, Zorro! I had never thought to hand felt them on a purse but there are so many bird lovers, they would really like that!! Thanks for all your inspiration, ~~ Page

PS I have followed you to another group, the creative one!
You can visit my blog at:
http://www.gypsy-wheels-a-spinnin.blogspot.com

September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home