Saturday, September 30, 2006

My first pair of socks on the needle

 
While I do not like the color of the yarn, I am still having fun learning how to knit socks. As you can see I've not gotten far with them. I think I was just scared to start. I went to knittinghelp.com and watched a video showing you how to work with the two circular needles instead of the small three and four sock needles. I really am having fun. Progressing a little slow, but I'm getting there. I would like to thank a yahoo friend for helping me. Colleen P. She has encouraged me and is going to walk me thru it, when I get a little further along. Thank you Colleen. Like I said, I'm not crazy about the colors, but my LYS did not have any of my colors as far as sock yarn goes. Oh well. It's good experience. Maybe it will be a gift to someone. Who knows. I post progress after I get to the heel. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Looks great! Even if you don't like the colors, you will still have "sock experience" once this one gets done! And NO ONE will snub a pair of handknit socks! Especially ME, LOL
Keep going and let me know whenyou are ready to do the heel flap.

September 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have started making socks. I think I got a little scared and have not pick them back up.

I have to move in like 3 weeks. After I get moved in, I will try again.

I had someone show a long time ago how to use the circular neadles.

October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home